Sunday, August 1, 2010

Research 3 - Maggie Taylor

Maggie Taylors work are graphically appealing, great compositional values and just all around jaw dropping. From a brief glance her style is very surreal.


All images found at Maggie Taylor's site


It suprised me that I like her work as this form of surreal art is very alined to Alice in Wonderland infact it was a series of hers. Usually I dislike Alice in Wonderland artworks as there are so many variations yet all in the same style, it appears to be creative but than they are all duplicates of each other and it is so easily done to merely play with proportions, tones and colours, yet Maggie Taylors work stands out to me. As personally I love to see a rich image with depth, strong tones, contrast, gutsy colours, nice composition and an overall though out concept, Maggie Taylor's pieces check all of these while adding a grungy feel in which I respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment